This all natural shampoo and conditioner is easy to make and safe for kids!
For the shampoo you will need:
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of Castile Soap
- Tea Tree Essential oil (optional)
Apply the shampoo on damp hair directly onto your scalp. Emulsify and scrub your scalp, not your hair. Scrubbing your hair with shampoo can increase hair frizz and cause breakage. Let the soapy water run down your hair to clean your actual hair strands.
For the hair conditioner/ hair mask your will need:
- 1/4 cup Shea butter
- 1/3 cup warm coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil Few drops of Lavendar Essential Oil (Optional)
Add Shea butter to a bowl and to melt the butter, pour warm coconut milk on top. You don’t want to heat up the Shea butter directly because it will lose a lot of the nutrients. Add coconut oil at room temp and and freeze the mixture 50%. Once it is partially frozen, whip the mixture until it resembles whipped cream.
Despite Lils demonstration here, apply it on your ends and slowly work it up. You don’t want to apply this directly into your scalp.
To use it as a:
- Hair conditioner: Apply ends to mids and rinse it out.
- Hair Mask: Leave in for 20 mins or overnight and then rinse.
- Hair treatment: Apply conditioner mids to ends and place a hot towel onto your hair, rinse in 20 mins.
This conditioner will restore moisture and shine to your locks!